Page 6 of 42

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:21 am
by PMiller
There are only two thieves remaining on their feet and able to resist. The one under the catwalk behind the vat draws a knife and stays back from the wild red-headed woman with the big sword. He grasps his knife with two hands and looks defiant.

spoiler: show
** Combat Round 2 **
Everyone is aware, but most do not have LOS.
Lamb8 has Improved cover from ranged attacks due to being UNDER the catwalk and behind the vat
To reach L6 from K7 will require a squeezing for a medium sized creature.

Initiative:
Narissa
Lamb4- Dying
Lamb8
Lamb6- Dying
Lamb5- Dying
Gweyn <--
Visara
Lamb3
Lamb2
Guard Dog- Dying

Image

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Narissa:    30/30 HP remaining; DR5/Magic
Visara:     28/28 HP remaining
Gweyn:      28/28 HP remaining; DR10/Silver

Gweyn Spells Cast: 3/4 1st Level remain; Shield +4AC (1/30 rounds)
Gweyn Arcane Pool: 3/4 remaining
Visara's Rage Rounds Used: 0/7

Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
Guard Dog (AC13/HP6): 10 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
Lamb1 (AC15/HP6): 19 dmg; Dead
Lamb2 (AC15/HP6): 11 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
Lamb3 (AC19/HP6): Total Defense
Lamb4 (AC15/HP6): 14 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
Lamb5 (AC15/HP6): 12 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
Lamb6 (AC15/HP6): 11 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
Lamb7 (AC15/HP6): 19 dmg; Dead
Lamb8 (AC15/HP6):

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:18 am
by Gweyn
Gweyn glanced down. She did not want to jump into the vat, as its contents looked particularly unsavory. Yet there was no way both she and Visara could engage the boy under the catwalk at the same time otherwise.

“Their fates will be yours,” she called out, in an imperative tone as she strode into the room. “Look upon the fates of your brethren and despair.” Her words seemed to have little effect, however, as the boys remained far more preoccupied with the women menacing them.

spoiler: show
Move action: to K10
Standard action: Intimidate to with intent to demoralize –
1d20+6=9 (fail)
Free action: None.

Current AC: 26 (touch 18/ff 22)
Current HP: 29/29
Current Weapon in Hand: Rapier.
Conditions in effect: DR 10/Silver, Shield, +1 to hit and damage from Arcane Pool.
Arcane Pool: 5/6 remaining
Spells Cast Today: 1st level, 3 out of 4 remaining.

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:43 pm
by Visara
At the defiant look at the remaining boy underneath the stairs, Visara smiles wicked at the site of him and his dagger. "Boy, I am death, and I have come for you!" With that, the barbarian steps forward and slashes quickly, cutting from shoulder to lower torso, and nearly severing the boy in half.


spoiler: show
Move Action: 5ft step to L6
Standard Action: attack lamb 8, 1d20+10=22, 2d6+10+1=21

Current AC: 23
Current HP: 28/28
Current Weapon in Hand: greatsword
Conditions in effect:
rage: 7 of 7 rounds remaining
Dragon breath: 1/1 remaining for day

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:54 am
by PMiller
As Visara gets close the pickpocket slashes out with his knife, but the half-dragon's armor turns the blade aside. Her heavy blade ends him a moment later.

The last lamb scoffs at Gweyn and draws a knife. He steps closer and tries to stab the werehound, but misses completely.

spoiler: show
** Combat Round 3 **
Everyone is aware, but most do not have LOS.

Initiative:
Narissa <--
Lamb4- Dying
Lamb8- Dead
Lamb6- Dying
Lamb5- Dying
Gweyn
Visara
Lamb3
Lamb2- Dying
Guard Dog- Dying

Image

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Narissa:    30/30 HP remaining; DR5/Magic
Visara:     28/28 HP remaining
Gweyn:      28/28 HP remaining; DR10/Silver

Gweyn Spells Cast: 3/4 1st Level remain; Shield +4AC (3/30 rounds)
Gweyn Arcane Pool: 3/4 remaining
Visara's Rage Rounds Used: 0/7

Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
Guard Dog (AC13/HP6): 11 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
Lamb1 (AC15/HP6): 19 dmg; Dead
Lamb2 (AC15/HP6): 12 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
Lamb3 (AC15/HP6):
Lamb4 (AC15/HP6): 14 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
Lamb5 (AC15/HP6): 12 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
Lamb6 (AC15/HP6): 11 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
Lamb7 (AC15/HP6): 19 dmg; Dead
Lamb8 (AC15/HP6): 21 dmg; Dead

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:59 am
by Narissa
Narissa slashes the last teenage pickpocket across the back and he crumples to the ground. She gently descends to her feet next to Gweyn.

Almost disappointed she comments, "This was almost too easy. Let's put them out of their misery."


spoiler: show
Free Action: Talking
Move Action: Land at L11
Standard Action: Attack Lamb 3; 8+9=17 for 11 damage

Current AC: 19 (20 with Buckler)
Current HP: 30/30
Current Weapon in Hand: Ranseur
Conditions in effect: DR5/Magic & Spell Resistance 14
Combat Reflexes

Darkness: 3/3 remaining

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:41 am
by Gweyn
“Is there more to this place, though?”

Gweyn turned to one of the dying boys and plunged her rapier through the young human’s chest, to hasten the process.

Then she helped to dispatch the others, glancing around the fishery as she did so, trying to orient herself with what she had scouted of the outside of the building.

“There is the door at the top of the stairs.”

Gweyn used her bloodied rapier tip to point at it.

“We must be at the end…there is little more to this place, then. Though there were other doors we did not go through. Perhaps one has the plundered items.”

She turned in place, and saw another door, along the far side of the south wall.

“Perhaps that one.”

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:17 pm
by Visara
Visara grins at her handy work, and flings the blood off her greatsword. She joins the other sisters in the center of the room as they discuss where to head to next. "Well, nothing like a massacre to get the blood flowing in the morning, eh?" She jokes her mood better for it.

While the others dispatch the dying, Visara does a quick search of the dead seeing if the scum had anything worth taking.

Looking up at the door that Gweyn pointed out, Visara heads the stairs once the others are ready. "Should I go first, or last?" she asks as she waits at the bottom of the stairs.

spoiler: show
search on the bodies:1d20+5=19

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:15 am
by Narissa
Narissa dispatches the rest of the dying teenagers with Gweyn, not feeling any remorse as this was the plan all along, no witnesses are to remain. Afterward, she examines one to see was among their gear. They were only armed with knives and wearing leather armor, nothing special. However, after searching the first two, it looks like each one was carrying two tanglefoot bags. There is no sign of any money among the few searched so far.

Holding up a tanglefoot bag, she comments, "Well, that could have been problematic."

When her sisters start discussing the rest of the fishery, she takes a look down through the hole in the floor while she remarks, "There is at least one room upstairs in that corner we haven't checked yet. We also haven't searched the desks or cabinet up there either."

"But didn't you mention something about a walkway underneath the fishery on your scouting, Gweyn. Look down here."


She crouches down to get a better look through the hole in the fishery floor.

spoiler: show
Free Action: Talking
Move Action: Move to K13 and then to J11
Standard Action:

Current AC: 19 (20 with Buckler)
Current HP: 30/30
Current Weapon in Hand: Ranseur
Conditions in effect: DR5/Magic & Spell Resistance 14
Combat Reflexes

Darkness: 3/3 remaining

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:45 am
by PMiller
Sticking her head low to get a good look under the fishery, Narissa can see most of the narrow space under the fishery, with about four feet of room between the floor of the building above and the languid, foamy river water below. Wooden pilings support the building, and moss and cobwebs hang thick from ropes and rusted chains between them.

A wooden walkway floats on the river surface, winding along the inner wall of pilings that supports the building’s frame above, leading from the sodden barge to the east all the way west to a wooden door that leads into an understructure below the fishery’s landbound half.

spoiler: show
The black rectangle is the opening in the floor above.
Image

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:02 am
by Gweyn
As soon as Narissa stepped back, Gweyn stuck her head down the opening to look at the walkway as well.

“Ah yes. It looks slightly treacherous to navigate but if we are careful, it should go well enough.”

She raised her head and stepped back so Visara could look as well.

“Shall we finish up here first, then venture down below?”

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:22 pm
by Visara
Visara takes a quick peek after Gweyn and grunts uncommittedly. She straightens back up and signals her readiness to continue. "Aye, let's finish this."

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:30 am
by Narissa
Narissa straightens up and agrees, "Quite right, there are supposed to be some of this Gaedren's henchmen somewhere. These waifs were nothing but the young trainees."

"Unfortunately we made enough noise in this fray that I doubt anyone in is still sleeping. I should think that they would have shown there faces..."


Her attention is drawn upwards as the other doors open, her suspicions confirmed.

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 19 (20 with Buckler)
Current HP: 30/30
Current Weapon in Hand: Ranseur
Conditions in effect: DR5/Magic & Spell Resistance 14
Combat Reflexes

Darkness: 3/3 remaining

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:17 am
by PMiller
A perpetually sour-faced man with short blond hair and a fondness for expensive clothing, though his taste in clothes always seems to be at least two decades out of style, appears at the recently opened middle door to the catwalk above.
Image
He is not wearing armor and has a shortsword in hand. He sneers down at the invaders below, "You messed with the wrong people. Giggles, get down there and kill them. Hookshanks will help you."

Stepping through the southern door is a half-orc brute with an eye patch over his left eye. His face bears several angry puckershaped scars that he appears to wear with pride. He giggles and replies, "Hee, hee. Ya betcha, Yargin." Giggles is wearing a breastplate and carrying a heavy flail in his hands.

A third figure is at the door from which the sisters came through. He appears to be short, like a gnome and is wearing studded leather armor and carrying a rapier in hand. So far Hookshanks has not said anything.

spoiler: show
** Combat Round 1 **
Everyone is aware. Good guys are flat-footed until their turn, the bad guys acted in a surprise round already.

Initiative:
Gweyn <--
Hookshanks Gruller
Yargin Balko
Narissa
Visara
Giggles

Image

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Narissa:    30/30 HP remaining; DR5/Magic
Visara:     28/28 HP remaining
Gweyn:      28/28 HP remaining; DR10/Silver

Gweyn Spells Cast: 3/4 1st Level remain; Shield +4AC (10/30 rounds)
Gweyn Arcane Pool: 5/6 remaining
Visara's Rage Rounds Used: 0/7

Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
Yargin (AC16):
Giggles (AC18):
Hookshanks (AC18):

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:34 pm
by Gweyn
Gweyn’s eyes narrowed as she took in the situation.

As things stood, they would have to split up to engage all foes at once, and not leave themselves vulnerable to ranged attacks. From a glance, it seemed that Visara would charge up the catwalk to fight the brutish half-orc. Gweyn, then, could head back the way they had originally entered in order to square off the gnome, and Narissa would take to the air to engage the leader and back up both of them, if necessary.

Gweyn spoke words of magic, summoning crackling electricity to her palm before she was within range or her foe. Then she turned and rushed toward the stair. Rapier in one hand and spell in the other, she bared her vicious fangs, snarling a challenge to the little man.

spoiler: show
Standard action: Cast Shocking Grasp.
Move action: to K6
Free action: None.

Current AC: 26 (touch 18/ff 22)
Current HP: 29/29
Current Weapon in Hand: Rapier.
Conditions in effect: DR 10/Silver, Shield, +1 to hit and damage from Arcane Pool.
Arcane Pool: 5/6 remaining
Spells Cast Today: 1st level, 2 out of 4 remaining.

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:15 am
by PMiller
Hookshanks Gruller descends the stairs and tries to skewer the shapeshifter with his rapier. The blow is not even close, Gweyn turning the weapon aside easily, "Ya stand still, mutt."

Image
Yargin steps out onto the catwalk and begins moving his hand in an incantation with a fascinating and dazzling effect towards Narissa. But she just ignores it, her fiendish nature shrugging the arcane magic aside. The wizard pulls out a wand and remarks, "Bah! Keep them away from me, Giggles."

spoiler: show
** Combat Round 1 **
Everyone is aware. Good guys are flat-footed until their turn, the bad guys acted in a surprise round already.
Yargin's spell failed against SR and Gweyn fails to identify the spell with her spellcraft (rolled a 1).

Initiative:
Gweyn
Hookshanks Gruller
Yargin Balko
Narissa <--
Visara
Giggles

Image

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Narissa:    30/30 HP remaining; DR5/Magic
Visara:     28/28 HP remaining
Gweyn:      28/28 HP remaining; DR10/Silver

Gweyn Spells Cast: 2/4 1st Level remain; Shield +4AC (10/30 rounds); Shocking Grasp
Gweyn Arcane Pool: 5/6 remaining
Visara's Rage Rounds Used: 0/7

Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
Yargin (AC16):
Giggles (AC18):
Hookshanks (AC18):